The foundation has created a platform where women come together not just for economic empowerment through tailoring & business courses but also serves as a platform that promotes wellbeing for the vulnerable women from the Kibera slums.
We hold counseling sessions on a regular basis, thanks to Monica, our Director & Lead Trainer who is also a trained Psychologist. The foundation is a community that encourages other Artisans to join hands in offering related craft & design skills as well. It is for this reason that we have renamed the Foundation to KRAFTS THERAPY FOUNDATION (previously known as Masungula Mon-Krafts Foundation)
In other exciting news, on July 3rd, 2019 we held a graduation ceremony for our first-ever cohort! It was through the dedication, donations and support shown by all our partners, volunteers and our staff (Catherine & Charity) that made the journey complete. Special thank you to these dedicated organizations, Turning Point Trust & Action Foundation Kenya, and all the individuals, Sarah, Moses just to name a few who have walked with us to change the lives of the women from the slums.
Are you looking to be involved in any capacity? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s make a difference in the society.
**Notice their matching dresses? Each one was tasked to make their own after a period of 6 months tailoring course. We are confident that the earned skill will go along way in generating income. CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER!
Lastly, we invite you to be part of this community by making a lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable women living in the slums. Please check out the list of available opportunities to work with us in whatever capacity that you find fit!! You can also email us on email@example.com for more details.
Sincerely, Monica & Janet (Founders of Krafts Therapy Foundation)
1. Are you an Artisan? VOLUNTEER -SKILLS by offering life-transforming skills related to your area of expertise e.g. Jewellery making, painting, basket weaving, Tailoring skills or just general business skills.
2. Looking to gain experience as an INTERN? Do let us know your ambitions and we shall give you interesting and fun assignments. You will also have a chance to learn some tailoring skills.
3. What if you have other skills that can assist to build the Foundation? You can join as a PARTNER. Photographers, Graphic designers, Bloggers, Newsletter editor, Social media/ Fundraising expert currently needed.
4. Make a DONATION towards sponsoring the women’s tuition fees for the 6 months period(KES 3,000 /$30 per month). Any amount you donate will be used exclusively towards supporting this transformative, life-changing work.
5. Gift a SEWING MACHINE (either new/second-hand) directly to the trainees to enable them start their own business after the program.
6. Wondering what to do with your used items? We recycle CLOTHES, SHOES & ACCESSORIES ; Clothes (Women, men’s & children’s wear), Shoes (paired), Accessories (bags, scarves, jewellery, hats etc).
Additionally STITCHING MATERIALS that can be used by the students for learning purposes including Linen (e.g. Curtains, bedsheets) are also welcomed.
Email us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on : +254 746 956 726
For direct donation kindly dial *483*57*29499#
Our secure M-Changa account details:
– PayBill: 891300
– Account: 29499
– Secure Link -> https://secure.changa.co.ke/myweb/share/29499
DONATING FROM ABROAD? Click on the Donate Today button and choose either Card or Paypal