The Pure Talents Contest, organised by imm cologne, one of the largest tradeshows for interior design worldwide, is one of the most prestigious awards for young product designers. Over the last sixteen years 456 products from 503 international designers have been presented in the annual exhibition during imm cologne. In its seventeenth edition in 2020 again up to 20 designers or designer groups will be invited to Cologne to present their prototypes to the interior design business in the special exhibition of the Pure Talents Contest.
Product categories include: furniture, home accessories, lighting, flooring, wallpaper and textiles, kitchen and kitchen accessories and smart home. The jury will select 20 nominees that will be shown in the exhibition and out of which the first three prizes will be selected in a final Jury on the occasion of imm cologne 2020.
Additionally, an audience prize will be awarded in 2020 for the first time whose winner will be selected by a Social-Media-based public voting.
- Suvi Saloniemi, Chief Curator Design Museum Helsinki
- Giulio Cappellini, Art Director Cappellini, Milan
- Sebastian Herkner, Designer, Offenbach
- Johannes Hünig, Editor at IDEAT Magazine, Hamburg
- Philippe Malouin, Designer, London
- The competition is open to design students and designers that graduated within the last three years (after January 1, 2016).
- Design teams are also invited to participate however each team may only have a maximum of three members and all members of the group must be named during the online registration on the website of imm cologne and have to fulfil the requirements of the competition.
- There are no limitations regarding the age or origin of the designers applying for the competition.
- It is only allowed to enter prototypes for the competition, concepts or rendered models will not be taken into account during the selection process for the exhibition.
- The participation in the Pure Talents Contest is free of charge.
For further details please see the ‘conditions of participation’ published on the website of imm cologne.
Award and prize money
- All selected designers will receive the label ‘PURE TALENTS CONTEST Nominee’ which can be used for the own communication purposes.
- The exhibition will be held from January 13 to 19, 2020 during the international tradeshow imm cologne 2020.
- Furthermore, all the designers are invited to Cologne and imm cologne grants an individual financial support for travelling and accommodation of the designers as well as the shipment of the selected products.
- Within the final jury the first three winners of the competition are selected and awarded with a prize money of € 3,000 for the 1st Prize, € 2,000 for the 2nd Prize and € 1,000 for the 3rd Prize. The Audience Prize is endowed with €1,000.
- Closing date for application:12 September 2019
- Nominee selection: Beginning of October 2019
- Notification of the selected designers: Mid of October 2019 by e-mail
- Submission of prototypes for the exhibition: All the young designers nominated will be informed individually.
- Exhibition at imm cologne 2020:13 to 19 January 2020
Contact address for enquiries and submissions:
Beyer Roth Weis GbR
Mrs. Natalie Weis and Mrs. Antonia Roth
Krieler Strasse 56, 50935 Cologne
Tel. +49 221 64 00 93 80
Link for submitting entries imm-cologne.com/puretalentscontest