Are you our next Community Manager or Events Production Manager?
Working with Nairobi Design Week is one of the best ways to understand Kenya’s design industry. We uncover opportunities, provide mentorship and have fun learning together with the community through projects that strengthen the local industry and take Afrika to the world!
We’re looking for a Community Manager and Events Production Manager who can grow with us in the long-term. The roles will provide variety, as well as an opportunity to carve your own creative path.
IS THIS YOU?
- You love design & the creative industries, and would like to develop your own creative career further.
- You’re hands-on, proactive, reliable, love learning, show attention to detail and want to craft your skills. You love people.
- You have questions about how NDW can be better, opinions about how you can contribute, and can show how your experience can transfer to the role.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Compensation proportional to experience & agreed work.
- Mentorship, training and personal development opportunities.
- Entry to many industry events and the opportunity to get involved in new projects.
- Additional perks that come with being part of the team. Team members have travelled internationally, received bonuses and industry recognition.
- We’re looking for the right people to become part of the leadership team at Nairobi Design Week.
NDW COMMUNITY MANAGER: RESPONSIBILITIES
CONNECT: Engage with the Nairobi Design Week community, advise them on how we can best support them on an individual basis.
CURATE: Update the community with the latest news, opportunities and projects through our online & physical platforms.
CREATE: Contribute to NDW projects & activities, and get insight and influence into our strategy.
NDW EVENTS PRODUCTION MANAGER: RESPONSIBILITIES
CONNECT: Structure creativity, manage a project team, and work to their strengths.
CURATE: Use your good taste to find the best people, materials and technologies to build NDW with.
CREATE: Provide a hands on vision on how to build resourceful and sustainable experiences, exhibitions and events for the festival, and throughout the year.
We’ll contact shortlisted candidates directly. Candidates are welcome to apply for both Community and Events Production Manager vacancies, though we assume you will be more suited to one role more and have a preference. Unfortunately, we may not be able to get back to all applicants.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis jobs.