Busara is a research and advisory firm dedicated to advancing and applying behavioral science in the Global South. We work with governments, NGOs, private companies and academics to understand human behavior, and design solutions to overcome behavioral barriers to products, programs and policies as they scale.
Rigor, relevance & creativity
- We push the boundaries of behavioral science by bridging the gap between researchers and practitioners. Our work focuses on understanding and designing for culture and context; there is no one-sized-fits-all solution.
- We believe that the best solutions are user-focused, target specific behaviors, and can produce measurable results.
- We believe that the best products, programs and policies are created for a specific context, and effectively creating behavioral solutions requires a strong presence in the context.
- We spend a long time listening, learning, designing and discarding potential solutions before we find the ones that may work. Then we test, scale, break, and iterate, again and again until we have it right.
- We’ve worked with single-person startups and social enterprises, as well as global firms and multilateral development organizations. Our approach to solving behavioral problems is sector agnostic and our portfolio has included challenges in health, financial inclusion, agriculture, and civic engagement. Whether creating a new financial product that will reach millions, or changing the wording on a single SMS to drive engagement, we take the same values and process into everything we do.
At Busara, we believe in a world where evidence-based and context-specific solutions are implemented to address the world’s most pressing problems.