The Paw Tribe
The Paw Tribe in an ethical dog accessories brand for the well-loved dog and their home. We work with artisans in East Africa to produce beautiful goods, while creating sustainable economic opportunities and celebrating traditional craftsmanship. We believe that all dogs should have the opportunity to make a difference. Your dog can feel good while looking good! After all, a well-loved dog = happy dog – healthy dog
Commitment to economic empowerment
our goal is to create as many sustainable employment opportunities for women and men artisans in East Africa as possible, while celebrating their unique skills.
Quality and Style at affordable prices
Our products are globally inspired and stylishly designed to complement your home and your dog’s every day adventuring. We strive for the highest craftsmanship and believe in creating affordable quality products for your furry friends. It’s a win-win.
Celebration of Culture and Art
Handmade craftsmanship is slowly disappearing around the world. We love that our designs have a profound meaning for the cultures we work with. All our designs are inspired, intentionally selected and produced based on their craftsmanship and history.
The Paw Tribe believes we can all make a difference.
We are committed to disrupting the status quo of the pet industry by bringing you ethically made products. But, what does this really mean?
It means we have chosen to build a brand that puts the good of people first. We work with those along the supply chain that align with our values of sourcing and crafting. This means:
- Good working conditions (we ourselves have spent days alongside our artisans in our workshops)
- Wages that are not only fair, but above average
- Flexible working environments. Our women beaders in Kenya often work from home & our artisans in Ethiopia can set their schedules during the day.
- Our leather is a byproduct of the larger industry in Ethiopia and Kenya and we work with tanneries that have water treatment plants
- Empowering women and men in developing countries, especially youth enrolled at technical vocational schools, by creating sustainable jobs
- Giving back to the communities that we work in and supporting animal rescue centers around the world
We are excited to be able to offer you ethically-made goods that you and your pet can feel good about! Remember, a happy dog = healthy dog!