Terms and Conditions
1.Welcome to nairobidesignweek.com (“the website”). The purpose of the website is to provide information about Nairobi Design Week and the international and Kenyan design communities. The website is owned by Africa Design LLP, a limited liability partnership.
2. By accessing and using the website, you, the user, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that are set out in this notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
3. You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to: the commission of a criminal offence; to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems; or for the transmission of unlawful or harmful material or computer code. You also agree to abide by the forum guidelines and adhere to the code of conduct when dealing with other users of the website. You agree that use of the forums is subject to monitoring by moderators and that any offensive, inflammatory, abusive or derogatory behavior will result in your being suspended or banned from the website. If your behavior contravenes any laws or results in any criminal activity occurring on the website, you will be banned immediately and. If your behavior leads to criminal activities, any necessary details in our possession will be passed on to the relevant authorities.
As the website allows the uploading and display of images and video content, any material deemed to be illegal or offensive, will result in the immediate revocation of membership and a ban order from the website. Nairobi Design Week will allow content that depicts nudity in an artistic manner but will not tolerate any pornographic, derogatory or offensive content. Nairobi Design Week reserves the right to remove any material it sees fit, without your consent and at any time. Please refer to our content guidelines for what is permissible.
If you upload or unlawfully make use of material that is not your own, is copyrighted, or is for whatever reason not allowed to be displayed on the website, Nairobi Design Week will not be held liable for any action that may result because of said material. You agree to provide only material that is yours or that you have clear permission to make use of on our website. Nairobi Design Week reserves the right to revoke membership of those who do not abide by the above. Nairobi Design Week also reserves the right to remove any material, at any time and without consent, that does not have the necessary rights or permissions to be on the website.
4. You agree to access and use this site entirely at your own risk. Please read the Exclusion of Liability clause in this notice.
5. This website is owned and operated within Kenya. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by Kenyan law, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the Nairobi High Court in the event of any dispute.
6. While every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on the website is current and accurate, you should not assume that the information on the website is always current or accurate, and other sources of this information should be consulted before making any decision to act on the information displayed on this website.
7. We respect the privacy of all visitors to this site. You may use this site without providing any personal information. However, so that we can continually assess the popularity of the site and improve it for our visitors, we collect information on the number of visits to the site, pages viewed, etc. Any information that is supplied for membership purposes will not be passed on to any third parties.
8. Nairobi Design Week retains copyright in the website and all current and future content displayed on the website which is not owned by third parties. Any material added to the site by registered users for display in their galleries, on the front page, or any other place on the website remains the property of these members. This material may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of the member. Nairobi Design Week will not sell, license or grant permission for use of any material belonging to any third parties.
In terms of a limited licence, granted for general use, Nairobi Design Week grants you, the user, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future content of the website for your personal, non-commercial and informational purposes only.
In addition, the website owner grants the user permission to copy and distribute information from the website for non-commercial purposes, provided that: (i) this information has not been sourced from third parties; (ii) the user notifies the webmaster of such use; and (iii) Nairobi Design Week is acknowledged as the source by reference to the website name and address.
The website and its content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Nairobi Design Week.
9. We value comments received from visitors to our site. However, you agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful or harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene. You remain liable to any third party for your comments, and Nairobi Design Week is not liable to any third party regarding the content of your comments.
10. This website provides links to other websites. The fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party, and reliance on all information and content provided by the external link is done so at your own risk. Third party advertising and promotional material may be displayed on the site from time to time, and the display of such material should not be construed as Nairobi Design Week endorsing or creating any relationship between Nairobi Design Week and that third party. Reliance on any such promotional or advertising material is entirely at your own risk.
11.It is a term and condition of the use of this site that you expressly agree that the use of the site is entirely at your own risk. The website and all content on the website is provided on an “as is” basis, and Nairobi Design Week makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the accuracy of the contents on the website. Nairobi Design Week does not warrant that the functions provided by the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components, though every effort is made to keep the server free of malicious or harmful code.
12. Nairobi Design Week, its owners, directors, volunteers, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by you the user, which arises directly or indirectly upon reliance of the website and/or its content.
13. Nairobi Design Week, its agents or suppliers shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect special consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you related to your use of, or your inability to access or use, the content or the website or any functionality of the website or of any linked website, even where Nairobi Design Week is expressly advised thereof.
14. You will indemnify Nairobi Design Week, its directors, volunteers, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives, and keep them fully indemnified, from and against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party, which arises from your use of this website.
15. Any information or content supplied to Nairobi Design Week, for the purposes of publication on nairobidesignweek.com may be made freely available for public consumption. Nairobi Design Week cannot be held responsible for how this information is utilised by members of the public, and will not be held liable by the client or user for any misuse of personal or copyrighted information.
Support: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Design Directory is a curated database of designers and creative agencies and businesses and therefore Nairobi Design Week has absolute discretion to refuse or reject any listing for any reason.
The client will take full responsibility for their own content, website and any goods and services they provide.
Nairobi Design Week may remove a listing from the Design Directory without notice at any time and for any reason.
The client warrants to Nairobi Design Week that the listing: (a) is true and accurate in all respects; (b) does not infringe any rights of any person, including intellectual property rights; (c) is not obscene, indecent or defamatory; and (d) does not contravene any federal, state or territory act, regulation or other law.
The client indemnifies Nairobi Design Week against any loss, damage, demand, cost (including legal cost), expense or other liability arising from or attributable to the listing or any other breach by the client of these terms.
To the extent permitted by law, all conditions and warranties implied by law or otherwise not expressly set out in these terms and conditions are excluded.
All information and content supplied to Nairobi Design Week for the Design Directory may be made freely available for public consumption. Nairobi Design Week cannot be held responsible for how this information is utilised by members of the public, and will not be held liable by the client for any misuse of personal or copyrighted information.
To the extent permitted by law, under these terms and otherwise in connection with the client’s listing, Nairobi Design Week excludes liability for all indirect, consequential or special losses or damages including loss of profits howsoever arising.
Nairobi Design Week will not be liable to the client or any other person for any loss of whatever kind suffered as a result of a listing, or the removal of a listing.
If a condition or warranty implied by law is prohibited from being excluded, that condition or warranty applies. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for any breach of an implied term is limited to the resupply of the services.